“Fighting Consumer Fraud and ID Theft in Nebraska” Webinar
“Fighting Consumer Fraud and ID Theft in Nebraska” Webinar to be held Thursday, April 25
Lincoln – Nebraska fraud fighting partners have come together to offer a free webinar about fighting consumer fraud and identity theft in Nebraska on Thursday, April 25, 2019, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (CST).
Participants will learn about the top scams reported in Nebraska, tips for identifying the latest scams, how to avoid and recover from identity theft, and free resources to help their community.
Agencies who will be presenting during the webinar include the following:
- Todd Kossow, FTC Midwest Regional Office
- Meghan Stoppel, Office of the Nebraska Attorney General
- Russ Mayer, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Nebraska
- Jeff Niebaum, Better Business Bureau Serving Nebraska, South Dakota, the Kansas Plains & SW Iowa
- Julie Brookhart, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Lea Wroblewski, Legal Aid of Nebraska
- Patti Poss & James Evans, FTC
To participate in the webinar, individuals may:
1. Join the webinar online at this link. (The link will activate a few minutes before the webinar starts.)
2. Call in to listen to the webinar at 1(800) 230-1074 and use the access code 465726.
3. Or access the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection website webinar banner at www.protectthegoodlife.nebraska.gov.
For more information about how to protect yourself as a consumer, file a consumer complaint, or report a scam, please visit the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office, Consumer Protection Division website at www.protectthegoodlife.nebraska.gov or call (800) 727-6432.