Whether you are seeking to shed a few pounds or treat a serious condition, beware of products that offer miracle cures. Every year, consumers spend billions of dollars on untested, fraudulently marketed, and utterly ineffective health products.
Be a skeptic in regard to miracle health products. Not only are they likely to be a waste of your money, without a doctor’s guidance, using them may put your health at serious risk.
Recognzie the Warning Signs:
- Lose weight without diet or exercise! Getting to a healthy weight takes work. Take a pass on any product that promises miraculous results without the effort.
- Lose weight no matter how much you eat of your favorite foods! Beware of any product that claims that you can eat all the high-calorie food you want and still lose weight. Losing weight requires sensible food choices.
- Never diet again! Even if you’re successful in taking weight off, permanent weight loss requires permanent lifestyle changes. Don’t trust any product that promises once-and-for-all results.
- Just take a pill! Doctors, dieticians, and other experts agree there’s no magic way to lose weight without diet or exercise.
- Lose 30 pounds in 30 days! At best, products promising lightning-fast weight loss are a scam. At worst, they can ruin your health.
- Lose weight with our miracle diet patch or cream! Ads for diet patches or creams claim to melt away the pounds. Don’t believe them. There’s nothing you can wear or apply to your skin that will cause you to lose weight.